some folks asked me to how to create Hotspot in windows PC. Well there are many ways easily available on internet. in older version of windows they provide simple GUI to Create a wifi Hotspot but now in windows 8.1 and windows 10 there is no available GUI to create this. but we can create a hotspot using CMD easily using Microsoft hosted network .
Thanks to windows OS which provides a hidden Virtual Router which can be used to Turn your Windows PC into a Wi-Fi Hotspot. You can share your internet by just creating a hotspot it does not matter that what you are using for Internet Connection. you can create a Wi-Fi hotspot in windows PC even if you are using Wi-Fi connection.
There are various software available on internet but i know that no one like to fill up pc memory with bunch of useless softwares. That’s why here i will show you how to create a wifi Hotspot in windows without any software. the post is complete guide on how to create a Wi-Fi hotspot in windows PC. At the end i will also provide you some solutions related to common errors.
- Open Command Prompt with Admin Privileges (Ctrl + Shift + Enter ) and type following Command
netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid= MoonkingHackersClub key=YourPassword
- Here You can Change SSID ( Your wifi Hotspot Name) and Key ( Your password )
- Now again type these command to start Hotspot
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- Your wifi Hotspot is created now
- If your wifi hotspot in not created and it showing errors then jump to error section which is at end of this post and come back and follow tutorial again.
Configure Basic Settings
- in this step we will configure basic setting of Adapter which internet Connection you want to share
- in my case i am using a modem which internet connection i want to share with others.
- select your internet adapter and click on properties
- now click on sharing and select the new hidden networking connection which you have just created
How to Stop Hotspot
- Again Open Command Prompt with admin privileges and type commands to stop hotspot
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
While turning your Windows pc into a Wi-Fi Hotspot your machine may show some errors. I am providing solutions for common errors here. If your error is not listed here then please notify me through comments, i will provide solution asap.
The hosted network could't be started. The wireless local area network interface is powered down and doesn't support the requested operation.
- To resolve this error Go to properties > Configure > Advance tab for your Wi-Fi adapter
- enable the value Adhoc support 802.11
The hosted network couldn't be started The group or resources is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
- To resolve this error press window+x and then go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual adapter
- and enable it
- if you are not able to view Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual adapter then click on View tab > Show hidden devices in Device Manager
well hope That was a easy guide. Notify me through comments if you are getting more errors i will provide solution ASAP.